Subjects

Friday, September 23, 2011

Update

Ok sorry it has been a while, this week has been fairly busy, and I seem to be coming down with a cold or just the typical first month into school sniffles/exhaustion. I've been teaching Family Interaction (Yay!) for the past few classes which has also kept me busy. SO here is a general update:

1) I have to admit, my eating has not been great the last 1.5 weeks. The stress has made me crave bad bad foods, and I seem to be in that phase where I'm just eating to eat; not really hungry, but just craving food. I think it's just out of boredom/stress, so if anyone has any suggestions for dealing with this and finding something to do besides eat, please let me know.
2) Last Sunday I hiked Cadillac Mtn in Acadia National Park. What a great hike! It was a gradual ascent but still a solid workout, and we took a different path down that required a fair amount of rock climbing, my arms were actually sore after the hike! I was really proud of myself for doing this hike, not because it is that difficult, but because as most people know you can just drive to the top of Cadillac, so there wasn't a whole lot of motivation to hike it. But we did and it felt really great, but was weird to get to the top with all these Euro and Asian tourists clamoring out of their tour buses. A far cry from the tranquility of the Bigelow hike, but a fun day none the less. However, I think the hike and gyming it and school caught up to me because I went to the gym and swam Monday, and afterwards I was completely exhausted. I almost couldn't make it through ASR. SO I took these past few days to chill out, and then hit the gym this morning and am going back tonight to swim/sauna.
3)Last weekend I also got to spend some time with the fabulous Kelsey and we had an active weekend of dancing (which I napped through), running, and tennis. Taking advantage of this fall weather to do outdoor activities is really great. I feel like i need to stock up on fresh air before winter sets in.
4) WEIGHT LOSS UPDATE: So while I haven't lost any pounds, I can tell that I am losing inches because a few of my pants and skirts and dresses that were tight before are beginning to fit better. Also my breathing stamina is getting better when I work out. I'm attributing my lack of pounds lost to the fact that my legs are more muscular then they have ever been. Almost to teh point of being too muscular. I have like, gladiator legs. Woof
5) Via recommendation of Kelsey's Mom I am now reading Spark by John Ratey about how exercise actually improves our brain function and can aid in preventing dementia, depression, and Alzheimers. Very interesting read, especially while at the gym.

That's all for now, more updates to come!!

1 comment:

  1. Every time you want to eat, either take the dog out for a BRISK walk, go to the gym, or take a nap. I learned the napping one from Girls Next Door. That was a great show.

    ReplyDelete