Subjects

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tone it up!

Tone it up! Is a FANTASTIC fitness blog for women! (@toneitup) It has all the tools any woman who wants to get in shape needs from workouts, healthy recipes, even a diet plan! It was started by two friends, Karena and Katrina, who are quickly becoming the "it-girls" of fitness. I think what they are doing is so great because it gives women a place to go and find all the resources they need to help get them on the right path! I have already started checking out some of their workouts and recipes, and it is definitely a tool I will be adding to my routine.
The other thing I found during the break was an article in Health by Bethenny Frankel that had her quick 15 minute power yoga routine. By doing this routine twice a day (I was thinking when I wake up and either before bed or during my workout) you can lose up to three inches of your waist! I tried the routine this morning and it was really great, definitely some challenging but invigorating moves.
Yesterday when I hit the gym I actually ran a mile on the treadmill (haven't had the motivation for it in a few weeks) and a major part was because the perfect mix of song came together on my playlist. While some obvious ones really put me in the zone (Run the World and Till the World Ends) a surprising perfect ryhtmic running somg is Lil Wayne's "Right Above it". Listening two it twice through got me through half a mile and really put me in the zone! So here is my new and improved running playlist:
If that isn't the face of Pumped Up I don't know what it
  1. Super Bass (warm up)
  2. Run the world (Girls)
  3. Till the World Ends
  4. Right Above it
  5. Play your part (Pt.1)- Girl Talk
  6. The Edge of Glory
  7. Who's that Chick (feat. Rihanna)
  8. Blow
  9. Hands All Over - Maroon 5
It's short because I'm very particular about what songs I run to. They have to have the perfect rhythm/tempo and pump me up enough that I not only set my pace to it, but get lost in the song and forget that I'm even running.
It's the start of homecomimg weekend which means lots of drinking and hanging with old friends, so I'm going to have to make sure I moderate my drinking, avoid eating too much tailgating food, and try and fit in some workouts around hangovers and visiting friends (which is why Bethenny's yoga routine is so great).
GO BLUE!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment