Subjects

Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekend Warrior!

Wow, WHAT a weekend. After my pity party and then new found inspiration (along with some fantastic supporters) I got back at it this weekend. First, I bought some cheap but healthy food, along with a bunch of lean cuisines (JOD was so proud) and got some serious gym time in.

My new stash of LCs, along with some other healthy cheap food
I have been reading a lot of Health magazine, and one thing that I have really taken away (along with paying attention to what Bethenny Frankel teaches) is to find ways to be active/squeeze in work outs throughout the day besides just hitting the gym.  So Saturday I had a BIG workout sesh and then because we out for the great Her Campus Maine Breast Cancer event we did some serious dancing there and at the after party. Sunday I went for a walk in the woods with Cooper and captured these great shots
Today I hit the gym for about an hour (walked for 40mins and then did some different yoga and toning move from my Health magazine) and then discovered the most obvious but BEST small exercise to throw in randomly through out the day: DANCING!!! By playing music during my shower and actually dancing in the shower I was adding some extra core exercises. I also danced in my room while I was waiting for my hair to dry. It's really fun (who doesn't love dancing?) and adds a little extra to my activity level throughout the day.
The other way I'm switching things up is...gasp...not drinking. Saturday night I only had one beer the entire night. I kept myself going by having a red bull before going out and then getting a small coffe at T-Hos a 1am before hitting the after party. I cut way back on calories consumed by doing that, didn't feel like shit the next day, didn't binge eat, and was able to stay out until 4am (which is something I can never do when I drink because I get so tired!). My big pit fall this weekend? We did a real housewives of NJ watch party last night at JOD's and had some serious munchies (buff chix dip, mini weiners, fried ravioli and a delicious dessert concoction that Josh made). I tried to keep the buff chix dip somewhat healthy by using 1/3 less fat cream cheese, vegan mayo, fat free cheese and greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Today I gotta make sure to load up on veggies and water and keep that calorie count low. Hopefully this week I can fit in another 2 hour workout at some point (probs Friday), but until then I just gotta keep hitting the gym the best I can and try and squeeze in other small activities when I can!
XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Coach Kelsey here! Another suggestion: walk everywhere you possibly can. And when you do, tighten those abs and walk as fast as you can without looking like a big toolfaced turd. i know it's almost winter, but bundle up and go wherever you can - on campus, to the store, around wherever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welp, seeing as how I have a suspended registration right now, I may just have to walk to campus! Gonna have to ditch the longchamp for my backpack

    ReplyDelete